Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Final Post

I'm really happy with how much I learned in this class. I know I don't have a talent in writing so it was very helpful to get feed back on the structure of my writing (I was so used to just being criticized for grammar and sentence structure). Learning how to design a research paper was by far the most important tool I learned this semester. Organization, Fanboys, ICE, structure, the relationships between points in a paper, and learning the tricks of researching were also very useful. I really enjoyed the small group discussions for peer-editing and the book club. It was very helpful and engaging. The blog assignments were unique and the reading selections were excellent. I had my doubts about this class when I registered because I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to connect with the topic. However, I had no problems with the topic because the readings were well chosen, the class was organized and the variety of autobiographies we dealt with helped make the class all the better. The only assignment I wasn't too fond of was the E-poster assignment. And the only suggestion I have for the class is to not forget about grammar and scentence structure. I feel like my writing still needs a lot of help with that, but that is probably just an indevidual thing.

I'm happy I took this UW class. I've already recommended it to my friends who have yet to take a UW class. The class was tough, no doubt, but I think it was definitely worth it. I no longer have as many anxieties about writing an extensive research paper. This class was definitely the most useful class I had this semester. Not a single class period was a waste. I complement you on the organization of your class. It is really amazing and shows how much effort you put into teaching. Unfortunately I've already had professors who are the opposite, so your work is much appreciated. I am especially thankful for your detailed comments in grading papers.
Thank you so much for your help!
Have a wonderful holiday break!
Jana

No comments: